Tuesday, October 15, 2013

What I'm Adoring This Month: Halloween Decor


Sunday, I spent part of the day adorning the house for a holiday that's near and dear... Yes, I'm referring to Halloween (smile).  Decorating for Halloween is an annual exercise in both creativity and personal expression--two things that feed my soul...  Thought I'd share a few picks of what I'm enjoying--most--about this year's decor...

Decorating with spooky books...


Decorating with scads of faux spider webs...



Decorating with gifted items...
My parents gave me the pumpkin queen; the pumpkin is a gift from my sister, Elaine.

Decorating with lovingly made treasures...
 My youngest son made this sly ghost in grade school.

 My oldest son made this funky pumpkin in junior high school.



My husband made this fab Halloween tree for me a few years ago!

Two Halloween faves...
The headless horseman (purchased about 20 years ago!) is paired
with a treasured antique collection of Washington Irving's stories--
including "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" 
(This book was a gift from my oldest son when he was in high school.).

My house, at night....all aglow!  

What creative and expressive joy are you savoring this month?  Would love hearing about it!  

Joy and peace, T.