Friday, October 25, 2013

Take That, Bully!


I've been blogging a little over a year and a half, now. What amazes me most is the beautiful community of kindred spirits I continuously encounter on this journey.  I am truly touched by not only the supportive, affirmative comments left on my blog--but those I see on other blogs I read.


Wednesday evening, I received my very first "mean-spirited" comment on the blog (I didn't publish it--but I'll share it, below).  It was left in response to Wednesday's blog post.  Sadly, I knew it would happen eventually.  I've read--too many times--on others' blogs there are bullies out there... You know...the folks who tell people they look bad, write poorly or that they think people are trying to make their lives look more perfect than they are--and other sordid stuff that just doesn't need to be said.


Here's the thing with bullies:  Their goal is to make you disengage--make you fearful of putting yourself out there--make you unhappy. Here's my response to that, "Uh-uh, Bully.  Ain't happening!" In fact, in your honor, Bully, I've published a few more photos, today, than I normally do; so, take that!


You see, I like to have fun at a bully's expense.  Generally, I do this with my journal. In the hopes of sharing this strategy with others, today's blog post is gonna serve the same purpose. You might say it's my makeshift journal.


Noted below, beside "Bully" are snippets of the actual comment left.  Next to "Me" is me putting this bully in her place (smile). I guess if she tunes in to read, I really will be, huh?


Bully: "ehm....."
Me: "Excuse me, but what was that?  Did you just clear your throat? Ew! That's gross!"
Bully: "the photos here didnt do you any justice. you looked short because of the angle taken...."
Me: Let me begin by saying I'm 5' 4" and proud of it!  So, deal with it.  
Oh, and BTW, I dropped by your blog to see who you were, Bully.
Believe me, I could say far worse about you, but I won't because I'm way above it!
Another thing, Bully, you are not welcome here.  And, I don't want you
visiting the blogs of the dear souls who frequent this one. They don't need your creepy kind hanging around, either! 


Ya know, Bully, I ought to thank you.  You inspired one of the most creative posts I've ever written.  And, I've had scads of fun at your expense, too!!!

Blouse: Forever 21
Sweater: Banana Republic (thrifted)
Slacks: Ralph Lauren
Boots: Nine West
Sunnies: Dollar Tree
Statement Necklace: Boutique in Dublin, Ohio


Today's blog post is dedicated to anyone who has ever encountered a bully.  In fact, feel free to use the comment section of this post to confront your bully here.  You are welcome to do so!

Joy, peace, hugs and a beautiful Friday to you (unless you're the Bully)!  T.