Friday, October 11, 2013

Tips for Timeless Wardrobe Building...


I know orange and black are two colors traditionally associated with the month of October...  Pink, however, has become such a hallmark hue for this month--given its affiliation to Breast Cancer Awareness.


Pink and black are two of my favorite colors--no matter what month it is.  But, since it is October (smile), I thought it would be a great time to sport these two fab shades, together...just for the fun of it...


None of the pieces I've featured, today, are new.  The boots and tights come closest to it.  I bought them back in 2012.  My sweater is about eight years old.  The LBD (styled as a skirt) and belt were both purchased in the 90's (Yes, you read that correctly!).

The best advice I can offer about building a "timeless" wardrobe is:
  • buy classic pieces you can envision yourself wearing for years to come (e.g. a fab LBD)
  • more times than not, choose quality over quantity (It must be said: I rarely pay full cost for anything.)
  • purchase dark hued staple items (a skirt, pair of slacks, a blazer...) in one standard color (black, brown, navy, charcoal); then add pops of brighter shades/patterns with your tops and accessories (The color I have chosen (to ground my wardrobe with) is black; although, I've recently started buying several navy pieces, too.).
 Sweater: Notations
Dress: Eddie Bauer
Belt: The Ritz
 Tights: Apt. 9 via Kohl's
Boots: Nine West


Do you love pairing pink and black? What are your tips for building a timeless wardrobe?

Joy and peace and best wishes for a wonderful weekend!  T.