Thursday, October 31, 2013

Self-Expression: Leather + Lace


Self-expression is akin to self-celebration.  The nice thing is it manifests itself in various forms including what we say, do, create, enjoy, love, and, of course, how we dress.


I adore pairing items that, basically, feel like they don't belong together--like leather and lace.  Truly, I think it's an expression of who I am.


Yup, call me a walking juxtaposition! I love all things pink, girly, and Zen; yet, Halloween is my favorite holiday.  It's simply who I am.

 Lace Top: Vintage via Etsy
Cardigan: Talbots
Leather Pencil Skirt: Thrifted (Vintage Vogue in Bloomington, IN)
Wedge Booties: Nine West
Tights: Simply Vera Wang via Kohl's
Sunnies: Daisy Fuentes via Kohl's
Glass Pendant: Black Swamp Arts Festival (2011)
Leather Bracelet: Antique Shop in Saline, MI
Belt: Urban Outfitters


I close, today, with a sweet pic Mark captured the other evening.  We laughed that Tabitha, our lovely adopted shelter kitty, was preparing, early, for the arrival of Trick-or-Treaters (which takes place tonight, here).


Joy, peace and Happy Halloween! T.