Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Listening to Inner Wise Whisperings...



This week, I'm celebrating my ability to listen to my own wise whisperings... You know--those subtle self-nudges to take a tea break, opt for the longer (and more scenic) route, or pick up the beloved journal and write for a while....


Last evening, there were several tasks--here at home--demanding my attention.  My inner Wise Self urged me, however, to leave them be--to take a walk outdoors, instead...


And, so... I ventured forth just as the sun was setting--for a charming walk through the neighborhood.  The night air was brisk, and a light wind blew as I walked.  The foliage was so very brilliant--oranges, reds, golds... Even as it grew dark, the street lights illuminated the gorgeous jewel-toned hues adoring the trees. It was indescribably captivating!


They say we may see our first snow flurries, today.   Although I'm not totally sure, I think a snowflake or two may have fell upon my cheek, last eve, as I walked.  One thing I do know is the impact listening to my Wise Self made.  What I needed most was a walk outdoors on a lovely fall night.

Close-up of vest fabric...

Shirt: American Eagle (my youngest son outgrew it!)
Vest: Bitten/Sarah Jessica Parker
Leather Skirt: Thrifted (Vintage Vogue in Bloomington, IN)
Boots: Nine West
Sunnies: Target


What's your inner Wise Self whispering to you? I say, "Go for it!"

Joy, peace and beautiful Wednesday to you!  T.