Friday, October 4, 2013

Embracing Community

Scarf: American Eagle
Sunnies: Freebies (from CampusFest 2013)
Beads: Sarah Coventry (vintage via a local non-profit gift shop)
Stretch Bracelet: Kohl's

Today, I profess my love...for the sweet, artsy town where I reside.  Mark and I have lived in various places throughout the years. This quaint little burg is, by far, my fave.  Feels like this is where I was always meant to be.

This weekend, our community is celebrating Bowling Green State University's (BGSU's) Homecoming.  Banners adorn our historic Main Street District, and folks, here, have been donning orange alongside shades o' brown (BGSU's colors) all week long.

The outfit I'm sporting, today, is comprised of several beige pieces (including the scarf, above).  Of course, it's all flanked by accents of orange (It's not featured in the pic, above, but I'm also wearing a sweet orange belt as well).

This year, marks the tenth year we have lived in Bowling Green.  Never before have a felt so much a part of a community.  Admittedly, never before, have I striven, so much, to embrace a sense of community, either.  

Life is what we make of it.  Likewise, making efforts to be a part of a community equates to a wonderful sense of belonging...and pride. I'm here to say that it's an effort well worth taking.

What's on your agenda this weekend? Please do share!

Joy and peace, T.