Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Bucket List Item Realized: Edith Wharton's The Mount




Me, posing with Edith!

As promised, I'm sharing more vacation photos--again today.  These were taken during a visit to author Edith Wharton's home, The Mount. Visiting here fulfilled one of my bucket list items (smile).  Do you have a bucket list?  Mine is ever-growing!  

Edith Wharton fascinates me.  Her book, The Age of Innocence, inspired a favorite movie of mine (by the same name).  She, was known for her impeccable taste, and like me, was a Francophile.  She was strong, influential, talented and proudly feminine (the stair runners and various pillows throughout The Mount were all in leopard print!).  She also dedicated her time and resources to support the arts and the well-being of artists.  

Here are a few of the many pics I took while reveling in my visit to The Mount:



























Have you been to The Mount?  Share with me your thoughts on Edith Wharton and/or your bucket list.  I would LOVE to hear what's on your mind!

Joy and peace, T.