Today, I’m venturing out for my monthly artist’s date. Mostly, I plan on browsing various antique and other shops nearby. At some point, I’ll stop for tea, pull out my journal and write a bit (Yum!).
Overall, it’s been a pretty cool summer (temperature-wise). Today, it’s forecasted to possibly hit the 90’s. Of course, I have devised ways to keep the heat at bay at bit... I’ll wear my sunblock and sunnies, tote my water, be armed with a hat, and sporting lightweight faves to keep me cool.
Likewise, in a figurative sense, I also need techniques to combat those times when the “heat” is turned up a bit. You know--those instances when deadlines loom, too many tasks await, and the unexpected uh oh’s seem to be abundant.
Here are a few of my favorite ways to ease the “heat” a notch or two:
- Pull out my calendar and schedule an artist’s date;
- Gift myself a vacation day from work;
- Unplugged (no music, phone or other electronics on or near), enjoy the sun set from my patio;
- Stop whatever I’m doing and engage in sacred, deep breathing;
- Acknowledge myself for something;
- Build a list of gratitude items in my mind;
- Take a photo of something naturally beautiful;
- Spend time in nature (even if it’s a short sunshine break!);
- Play dress up; and
- Flex my creativity muscles (plan, write, art journal, paint, plan the next day’s outfit, rearrange a work or living space...).
How about you? How do you take the “heat” off of yourself? I would enjoy hearing about it!
Joy and peace! T.