Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Return to Childhood Joys


A few eves ago, while poring through my electronic photos, I came across the one of me featured above on the left.  Something about it seemed amazingly recent.  Then, I remembered a style-themed blog post from a few weeks ago.  Too funny to think of the similarities between my three-year-old and 51-year-old self: same sunnies, same hat, dressed up, posing... I had to laugh (yes, out loud!)!

Then, I remembered something I heard a few years ago while watching a Marcus Buckingham video.  I'm paraphrasing, but he basically indicated that whatever you liked, whoever you were in your younger years, you are every bit of that now--if not more.  It's just an issue of owning that--uncovering it in order to realize what you want to manifest in your life.

In my quest to live a life that's tickled pink, I've striven to excavate my authentic self.  Honestly, when I look at these two pics--side by side--how can I not think my authentic self has reemerged?  Whatever it is, I'm enjoying it tremendously (smile)!

What joys from your younger days have you recently reclaimed?  Please share!

Joy and hugs!  T.