Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Solstice Reflectiveness

Recent evening reflections patio-side...

Last evening, Mark and I attended Zonta's Annual Summer Solstice Wine Soiree.  It's an event that raises scholarship funds for local women students aged 25 years and older, who demonstrate academic promise and financial need.  We've enjoyed attending this same gathering, each year, since 2006 (what a fabulous way to greet the arrival of this luscious season!).  The pics, below, were taken en route (smile).



Today marks the Summer Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere.  At some point this weekend, I am going to etch out time for dedicated seasonal reflection.  What I'll likely engage in is a revisitation of my Spring Equinox reflections (view the progress of seeds I've "planted," while also reassessing my plan on where I need to "water" and "weed").  My journal is ready to go... Perhaps I'll play in my art journal, too...create something beautiful and treasured!  Check out last year's recommended Solstice reflection activity here.


Creative endeavors one evening this past week...

I recently came across this great web article featuring ways to celebrate the Summer Solstice.  One suggestion it provided was to build a bonfire.  We did this last Saturday evening when our son Andrew and daughter-in-law Amanda were in town for an overnight visit--and had a wonderful time!  Other fab suggestions for celebrating include reading outdoors, enjoying yogic sun salutations and renewing your wardrobe. Check it out, and indulge in what resonates with you!

A moment from last weekend's bonfire...

What are your plans for celebrating the Solstice?  Would adore hearing about it!

Joy and peace.  T.