Thursday, June 21, 2012

Celebrating Summer’s Solstice


Summer has officially arrived; along with the lilies!

Her arrival is now official. Yes, it is our lovely Summer I am speaking of.  Yesterday marked the summer solstice in the Northern Hemisphere. 

My celebration begins tonight (smile).  Mark and I have tickets to attend Zonta’s annual Summer Solstice Wine Soiree.  It’s been a yearly tradition we have enjoyed observing since 2006.  Delectable foods, excellent wines, wonderful fellowship, a lovely, natural setting and a to-die-for silent auction; all benefitting the local Zonta Club’s Women’s Scholarship Program.  What’s not to love, right? 

Sara Avant Stover wrote a wonderful book, The Way the Happy Woman: Living the Best Year of Your Life; which provides scads of seasonal inspiration for living abundantly, the feminine way.  Summer is now underway; making it the perfect time for me to engage in the mid-year activity she recommends on pp. 179-180 of her book (It's a definite desire item on this weekend's personal agenda.).  The questions raised by Stover include these and various others:
  1. From my list of what I longed to see, be or, experience this year, ___ has come to fruition, and I (did or will) celebrate this by ___.
  2. Of my top three spiritual goals for this year, I have (or would still like to) ___, and I (did or will) celebrate this by ___.
  3. Of my top three professional goals for this year, I have (or would still like to) ___, and I (did or will) celebrate this by ___.
 What about you; how are you celebrating summer’s arrival?  Would certainly love to hear about it!  T.