Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Moving Forward…

This flower (one from a recent bouquet Mark brought me)
may make her way into my home office!

It’s not filthy or anything of that sort, but my home office is figuratively begging me to carve out some time, this evening, to reorganize it a bit.  All it really needs is a spot of freshening up; to get it back to where it was about a month ago (prior to my recently-wrapped up freelance project’s start). 

Knowing the benefits realized when I heed the call of my Wise Self, that’s exactly what this girl is going to do.  You see, my freelance project is officially over now, but it still seems like there’s something out there (related to this) that I need to be doing.  Ever get that feeling?  I believe my efforts will not only make me work a bit more efficiently (smile); they will also serve as a nice way to symbolically finalize this sizable project in my own mind.  

Funny, but this seems to relate back to a fabulous book I just finished reading last week (Make Your Creative Dreams Real: A Plan for Procrastinators, Perfectionists, Busy People, and People Who Would Really Rather Sleep All Day).  The book’s author, SARK, spoke about a similar time in her life when she needed to move forward, but somehow felt unable to do so.  After a bit of reflection, she began tidying up her workspace; sweeping, reorganizing, even placing a vase of fresh flowers on her desk (This, I can do!). What actualized for her, after carrying out these simple measures, was a state of greater motivation, creativity and happiness.  Who wouldn’t want that, right? 

After this eve's clean up, I plan on luxuriating with another great read, Make a Name for Yourself: 8 Steps Every Woman Needs to Create a Personal Brand Strategy for Success by Robin Fisher Roffer.  I have read this one before, but it was prior to Tickled Pink!’s launch.  As a result, I’m hoping I can glean a few more useful nuggets of wisdom that will apply to the blog and another planned venture I hope to realize in the future.

Wishing you a day filled with much motivation, creativity and happiness!  T.