Thursday, June 13, 2013

Candle Meditation + Inspirations



Have you ever engaged in candle meditation?  I haven’t yet.  It’s a definite “must do” in my near future, though.

Candle lighting comprises a notable role in my daily practices to promote both bliss and calm.  I often light candles when I prepare meals, do yoga, write and create art.  Candles are always burning brightly when I’m soaking in a hot bath, savoring evening patio time, participating in online personal development activities (e.g. teleclasses) and recording podcasts.

Below are a collection of inspirational quotes (citation for quotes) about candles and candle lighting.  I’ve paired them with my own photography and art work (yes, all candle-themed as well!). 

“Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single
candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.”
Buddha

“There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle
or the mirror that reflects it.”
Edith Wharton

“It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.”
Eleanor Roosevelt

“My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah...
it gives a lovely light.”
Edna St. Vincent Millay

“Every day, every birthday candle I blow out,
every penny I throw over my shoulder in a wishing well,
every time my daughter says, “Let’s make a wish on a star,”
there’s one thing I wish for: wisdom.”
Rene Russo

When do you enjoy lighting candles?  I would adore hearing about it!

Joy and hugs, T.