Monday, September 16, 2013

Spirited Style!


Indiana University (in Bloomington, Indiana) holds a special place in my heart. It's where I earned my undergraduate degree. Hence, (regardless of the sport that's being played) I am a HUGE Hoosiers fan!


This past Saturday, my beloved Indiana University Hoosiers met up with the Bowling Green State University Falcons to play a game of football.


Interestingly enough, the Falcons are my "adopted" team.  You see, we live in Bowling Green, Ohio, home of Bowling Green State University.


I truly had a lot of fun pulling together what I'd wear on Saturday.  I think I came up with a great way to show my team spirit--and do so fashionably... These pics were taken downtown--post my Saturday morning breakfast date with Mark. And, yes, a few local friends who saw me that day "ribbed" me about wearing an Indiana sweatshirt out and about in Bowling Green (smile).



Indiana Sweatshirt: Gift from Mark (long ago)
Plaid Shirt: American Eagle (another one of my son's castaways!)
Jeans: Laguna Beach Jean Co.
Statement Necklace: Vintage via an area antique shop
Vintage Straw Bag and Wool Beret: Mosaic Consignment Studio (local biz)
Sunnies: Target

Sweatshirts (like t-shirts) are back in vogue.  Animals, sports teams, rock bands, hobbies, fave brands, advocacy issues--sweatshirts offer us endless possibilities to showcase what we're most spirited about.  


How about you?  What is it you're willing to show your passion for?  My recommendation is this: Go for it!  Don a sweatshirt. Get your creative on. Have fun in doing so, and show your spirited side!

Have a fab Monday!  Joy and peace, T.