Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Today's Smiles: A Little Good Will...


Yesterday (post a decadently restful, long weekend), I enjoyed my monthly luncheon gathering with dear Zonta friends.  Zonta International's mission is one that resonates with me: "Advancing the status of women worldwide through service and advocacy."


Our local Zonta Club annually awards at least two college scholarships to area women aged 25 and older, that demonstrate financial need and academic promise.  We also support the local battered women's shelter in various ways, pack and ship birthing kits to Cambodia, sponsor the local Girl Power Tween Camp, mentor members of Bowling Green State University's Golden Z Club and a whole host of other activities--all dedicated to the advancement of women (and girls), here in Bowling Green and worldwide.


This elevates my joyous fellowship with a fab group of friends to a whole 'nother level... Makes it an effort of good will, too (and, that makes me smile!).


The pics throughout this post feature what I wore, yesterday (to work and my Zonta Club meeting).  There's a bit of good will involved in yesterday's styling, too.  Can you guess what it is?


Yup, a couple of the items I sported were purchased at Bowling Green's Goodwill Thrift Store (These purchases are green AND support Goodwill Industries.).  The piece I'm most excited about is the green jacket I'm wearing.

You see, I adore the "Army" jacket trend that's currently afoot, but didn't want to invest much money into it.  Imagine my joy when I found this gem--in mint condition--for only $3!

Jacket: French Cuff (via Goodwill)
Linen Dress: J Crew
Silk Scarf: Anne Klein (via Goodwill)
Shoes: Candies via Kohl's (see this past post for a discount code for my blog readers)
Sunnies: Vera Bradley

Share a bit of good will with me, today.  I would so love to hear some!


Joy and peace!  T.