Monday, September 30, 2013

Self-approving Women Wear White Post Labor Day

What I wore to last Friday eve's downtown dinner date

One of my favorite affirmations is, "I approve of myself."  Self-approval means I accept myself and my decisions/actions.


I think white jeans are chic--always have...  Once upon a time, however, I only wore them Memorial through Labor Day.  You see, even though I wanted to wear white jeans, I worried what others might think if I broke a fashion "rule."


One day, about ten years ago, I decided to wear my white jeans in December.  Felt empowering.  Enough so, I wore them another time...and on an occasion or two after that...  Soon, I wore them any ole' time I wanted from that point forward.  I also began doing scads of other things I wanted to do, and that felt empowering, too...



Here's my thought: the best way to gain a sense of self-approval, is to please yourself--without concern about what others might think.  And...something as simple as wearing white, post Labor Day, is a great way to baby step it into action!

Jacket: French Cuff (thrifted)
Blouse: Forever 21
White Jeans: Calvin Klein
Belt: Banana Republic
Handbag: Milly
Shoes: Candies via Kohl's
Sunnies: Dollar Tree
Necklaces: Vintage via consignment and Etsy
Black & White Stretch Bracelet: Mosaic Consignment Studio (local biz)
Silver Link ID Bracelet: Mark's


Do you boldly sport white post Labor Day? What little steps have brought you a greater sense of self-approval?

Joy, hugs and peace!  T.