Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Autumn Equinox Reflections...



At the dawn of every new season, I establish time to reflect.  This evening, I look forward to being on the patio, candles lit, journal in hand, hot tea brewed and steeping--while luxuriating deeply in focused thought...  (Guidance for conducting your own seasonal reflection is found here.)


Yes, the Autumn Equinox was Sunday.  That's okay.  Reflection of this sort can take place at any point.  Generally, I'll engage in this yummy endeavor within the first week or so of a new season.


This fall, my reflections will be a bit different than in years past.  You see, there's been a shift in how I approach life this past few months...


Gone is the emphasis on what I've achieved in the season past.  It's been replaced by how I felt (e.g. Was I happy? Did I feel a sense of self-empowerment?  What courageous actions did I take? Did serenity reign supreme?).  Likewise, my vision for the coming months will follow this same pattern...

Blouse: Liz Claiborne (vintage and consigned via Mosaic)
Sweater: Zara
Plaid Pants: Evan Picone (beloved closet fave for some time now...)
Shoes: Candies via Kohl's
Sunnies: Target
Glass Beads: Vintage via Etsy


 

What feelings would you like to experience this fall? What moments of bliss and well-being did you experience in the season past?

Joy and bliss!  T.