Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Joy of Anticipation...


A few weeks ago, I noticed the mums, pictured above, budding beautifully in my flower garden.  Believe it or not, I had no idea what hue they'd end up being.  They had been transferred from planters on my front porch last fall, and I truly could not remember what color they had been.


Enjoying a sense of peaked curiosity, I began checking in on their progress--day by day.  If it rained, I'd peer out the small window from my foyer--hoping to get a glimpse of what my lovely blooms might (at some point) look like.  The playful anticipation became something I grew fond of.  Mark even got in on the fun.  He thought they might be white.  I was leaning toward yellow or gold...


This past weekend, I spied something quite spectacular... My mums had started to bloom!  And..yes, they are a gorgeous shade of yellow!

What is bringing you a sense of blissful anticipation as of late?  I'd love to hear about it!

Joy and peace, T.