An art journal collage serves as a sweet place to give gratitude!
It’s been one of those weeks—at least, workload-wise. As much as I enjoyed having Monday off in observance of Presidents’ Day, I’ve been playing “catch up” ever since...
Last evening, back at home, I carved out time with my art journal, and I’m really glad I did. Afterwards, all seemed a bit lighter and brighter (smile). This simple activity is one you may want to try--especially after a particularly (um) challenging day:
- Select a page from a magazine that “calls” to you. Then, tear it out. (I actually chose two images and layered them as shown above).
- Using a glue stick, secure the image(s) into your art journal.
- Grab a marker (or so...) and write at the top of the page: Things I’m Thankful for Today:
- Then, freewrite your gratitude items. Don’t judge yourself or censor; simply write away--listing everything you are thankful for that day.
Featured below, are a few things I gave thanks for yesterday:
- Hearing birds chirping and watching snow gently fall as I walked from the office to my car;
- An evening visit to the salon for a wash + cut + deep condition;
- Mark’s playful Facebook post, asking me out on a date;
- The prospect of a weekend without anything on the calendar;
- Deep breathing=grounding; and
- Tabitha greeting me at the back door after work.
Art journal + gratitude = joy!
Joy, peace and happy Friday to you! T.