Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Creative Fix for Shoes a Tad Too Big



Last year, I bought a sweet pair of pumps... Yes, they are the ones featured above!

Although they seemed to fit well at the store, I learned (the first day I wore them to work) they were a bit too loose.  Not only was this uncomfortable; it also resulted in what I call “penguin walk.”  Has this ever happened to you?



I was ready to donate them to a local thrift shop, when I learned of a possible fix: adhere tape (duct or similar strength) into the bottom of the shoe.  What I like to do is fold a couple of pieces of tape inside out (with the sticky part displayed on the outside).  I place one onto the insole near the shoe's heal; the other is adhered to the inner sole as well-- right below the toe area. 


For me, this strategy has resulted in no more slippage (which equates to me keeping these fab shoes I have since gotten major mileage out of).  Truly, I can’t tell the tape is there, and my shoes seem to fit perfectly!

The only drawback is that the tape does leave marks on the insole of the shoes.  I figure that's a small price to pay versus having a pair of shoes I can't wear.


I sure wish I could take credit for this great idea.  I can’t.  It came from watching a documentary called The Bituminous Coal Queens of Pennsylvania, which is worth a watch for this creative display of resourcefulness alone (smile).

Share with me your resourceful fashion fixes.  I would adore hearing about them!

Joy and peace.  T.