Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Self-Empowerment Via Art Journaling

Art Journal Collage
August 8, 2013

It seems as if this summer only began a few weeks ago.  Yet, I'm already seeing little signs of fall emerging: shorter days, cooler mornings, and a stray red or yellow leaf on a tree--here and there.  Am I alone, or does anyone else get that same sense as well?

Although I haven't engaged in art journaling as frequently as I did last year at this time, I find myself returning to it with some level of consistency (at least a couple of times a month).  Sometimes, there's no real understanding of why I select and use the images I do to create my collages.  I merely rely on my inner wisdom to guide me.  That's an empowering feeling, and way to express myself!  This past post includes a video made last year.  It's dedicated to why I heart art journaling.

What creative practice brings you a greater sense of self-reliance and empowerment?  Share your thoughts.  I'd love hearing them!

Joy and peace.  T.