Thursday, August 15, 2013

Creatively Playing with Color: Navy + Black


This may come as no surprise, but... I view style as a wonderful way to creatively express myself (I actually believe living, itself, is a wonderful way to exercise my creative spirit, but that's a whole other blog post I'll write at some point in the future...).


Today, I've featured the pairing of two hues I lacked the confidence to put together--until a few years ago (As I've noted in the past, expressing oneself through style also builds courage!).  The two colors I'm referring to are black and navy blue. It may be hard to tell from the photos, but the skirt, beads and scarf are black.  The blouse and belt represent the navy pieces.




Living authentically means you have the license to play creatively--and that includes via your personalized expression of yourself through dress.  I don't know about you, but navy paired with black screams "Parisian" to me (smile!).  I don't care if there's some unwritten rule about not wearing these two shades together.  I love doing so.  So, I do!


Okay, now for the big reveal... Three of the items I'm wearing were purchased at thrift stores (Of course, all three are in mint condition!).  Can you guess which pieces were thrifted?

Silk Blouse:  Charter Club (thrifted)
Belt: Land's End (thrifted)
Skirt: Banana Republic (thrifted with the original price tag still on it!)
Victorian Glass Mourning Beads: Vintage (bought at an antique shop in Southern Ohio)
Lace Scarf: Chico's
Sunnies: Target

Engaging in creative play is one of the most nurturing ways I care for myself.  How do you most enjoy expressing yourself creatively?  Please share as I'd love hearing about it!

Joy and peace, T.