Thursday, August 22, 2013

Melding Healthy Into a Busy Day


Seems like I am saying this a lot, lately: "It's been one super-busy week!"  By day's end, Monday and Tuesday, I was so "spent," I decided to forego my usually-unshakable commitment to getting some type of exercise--no yoga, no bike ride, no run outdoors--nada.  


Last night, long day and all, I decided to take a walk outdoors--after dinner. It was the best decision I made all day...


You see, what's crystal clear to me, this morning, is that a walk outdoors is a quasi cure-all.  Post my walk, I had twice the energy than I did the prior two evenings.  Another thing, I slept scads better last night (thanks, no doubt, to a spot of outdoors exercise)! And (gold star for me), I know I did something healthy for myself--after a busy, indoor work day.

Dress: DKNY (vintage via Etsy)
Cardigan: Liz Claiborne (been a closet fave of mine for some time now!)
Silk Scarf: Oscar De La Renta (consigned)
Sunnies: Target
Shoes: Nine West
Pendant: Vintage (via Etsy)


What healthy treat can you meld into your busy day?  Would love to hear what you've come up with!

Joy, peace and happy "Little Friday!" T.