Tuesday, August 27, 2013

New Life for a LBD...




Yesterday flew by rather quickly.  It was most marked by the fact I took myself out for a sacred, solo lunch date, mid-day, and savored a beautiful evening walk outdoors post dinner.  Yum!


Exercising my creativity muscles is every bit as important as daily physical activity is to my overall well-being.  Of course, I love to write and create art, but my creative pursuits also include exploring new ways to pair closet favorites...


Take--for example--this dress... I purchased it a few years ago for a very special event (our local Zonta club's tenth anniversary celebration--where I, as then club president, emceed). Since then, I've worn it to scads of other momentous occasions: wine tastings, my parents' 50th wedding anniversary bash, romantic dinner dates with Mark, etc., etc., etc....


Yesterday, I styled it with a neon-hued t-shirt.  Wore it as a jumper--rather than a LBD.  This gave my treasured "special occasion" dress new life...

Dress:  I.N. Studio via Dillard's
Linen T-Shirt: J Crew
Belt:  J Crew
Lace Tights: Apt 9 via Kohl's 
Sunnies: Target
Shoes: Target
Heart Pendant: College graduation gift from my grandparents (Mamaw + Pampaw)


What wardrobe stretch have you recently discovered?  Did doing so make you feel creatively fulfilled? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Joy and peace, T.