Monday, October 15, 2012

Whimsical Fashion Elegance


Today, I enjoy a sacred day off from the 9 to 5--post this past Saturday's lovely wedding ceremony.  Members of the bridal party (including the parents of the groom and bride) were each given a pair of sunglasses, which they donned during their introduction at the reception hall.  The pair I wore are featured above.  I simply adore touches such as this!  It is, yet another, great example of living life as art. I plan on sporting these babies every time the mood strikes.  Not only do they have sentimental significance, they are whimsically elegant!

Following this same theme are other examples of whimsical elegance from this past weekend...

Mixing Patterns...
Headed to Michigan, happily sporting mixed patterns (here, stripes and peace signs).  When mixing patterns, the trick I use is to join two pieces that are both in the same color palette (here, I used black and ivory) for personal expression that is whimsical--yet, elegant.

Borrowing from the Boys...
Here I am at the salon the morning of the big day (pre-updo).  I wore a black camisole, black skinny jeans, black tall boots and my son's drab olive green canvas shirt (American Eagle), which I belted like a cardigan with a Betsey Johnson vegan leopard print belt.  The secret to borrowing from the guys is to add something totally feminine to it (e.g. leopard print belt). Another example of me borrowing from the boys? My gifted sunglasses are shown above.  Mark received a fab pair of black aviators.  Guess who is going to borrow them from time to time--perchance while wearing a LBD?!?

Pairing the Unexpected...
Proud mama of the groom, I'm headed off to the ceremony.  I paired a stunning maxi dress with matching arm warmers (both from TranquiliT) for more whimsical elegance (It's the arm warmers that adds the whimsy as they are totally unexpected).  I wore vintage jewelry and wrapped it all up with the lovely silk scarf  featured above as a belt (the scarf/belt was from Goodwill and was only $1).  This adds even more whimsical elegance (using a thrift store item in such an unexpected way).  Oh...and the silk Anne Klein scarf featured above? Well, it's another $1 thrift store item, I'll likely be pairing in some unexpected fashion in the near future (smile).

Wishing you a whimsically-elegant Monday!  xox!  T.