Thursday, July 18, 2013

“Little Friday” Musings...


For those who read this blog consistently, you know I refer to Thursday as “Little Friday.”  It’s yet another way I practice a perspective that supports me in a positive fashion (smile).

Well, today is Little Friday and I couldn’t be happier about it! It’s been a supremely busy couple of weeks.  Today will be another big day in the office (a federal program monitoring is on my calendar). 

Come 4:30 p.m., though, the really big deadlines and projects are behind me (at least until the next few in line crop up!).  What I’ve found this week (and last week, too) is that when I adopt the attitude that all is well, and the universe is working on my behalf—somehow, it is and it does

In the spirit of adhering to my vow of bestowing little treats upon myself this super-busy work week, I donned another whimsically-fun outfit yesterday.  I paired the maxi dress (TranquiliT) I wore to my son’s wedding (last fall) with a white jean jacket (Coldwater Creek).  Of course, I added my python print belt (J Crew), a thrifted scarf and vintage pin for “character.”  An added aside: I love the fact that I invested in a dress that can be worn for the dressiest of occasions as easily as it can into the office--or casually for that matter. 


Tonight, after work, Mark and I are headed out for a rare weekday date night.  It’s something I can look forward to today; plus, it’s a great way to celebrate the fact that crazy-busy time will have subsided a bit.

What’s your “Little Friday” look like?  I’d love to hear about it! 

Joy and peace.  T.