Monday, May 14, 2012

May’s Artist’s Date = Lots of Smiles


 Art journal creation used to plan May's artist's date!

I so heart Saturdays! This past Saturday, I treated myself to an artist’s date (smile).  With yummy Starbucks' orange blossom tea in hand, I settled onto the patio of Bowling Green State University's Bowen Thompson Student Union.  It is a lovely campus, and classes are between semesters right now--making it a truly peaceful site for this artist's solo excursion (another smile).  There, I enjoyed quality time with myself writing in my beloved journal and reading + journaling in Gail McMeekin’s “12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women Journal” in preparation for Monday’s online journal forum (yet more smiles).








Afterward, I visited the too-cool little re-sale shop, downtown, where I consigned some of my “unwanted’s” post March’s wardrobe closet clean.  Finding out I’d sold nearly $40 worth of merchandise thus far, I engaged in a bit of retail therapy while there (HUGE smile!!!). 

 The goods=vintage straw bag + hat, a strand of faux pearls and two bracelets!!!

Yes, I adore Saturdays, and when an artist’s date is planned, it’s always special.  Wishing you a wonderful week; complete with smiles galore!  T.