Art journaling=beautiful moments!
I like to say that, “Beauty is an inside job.” It's a nice companion to that old adage “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” My thought is that I hold the responsibility for not only seeing life’s beauty, but creating it as well.
Here are a few moments of beauty I’ve recently given myself (and…as a result to others, too!):
- Being fully present while enjoying time with my youngest son, who is headed to Boston (in a few days) to attend graduate school;
- Carving out five minutes of stillness on Sunday morning (meditated outdoors);
- Gave gratitude while driving to the 9 to 5 on Monday morning (this truly made a difference in how I felt walking into the building that morning!);
- Contributed my volunteer efforts (throughout the last few weeks) toward a worthy cause I hold near and dear (local Zonta Golden Z Club);
- Read and fed my mind (Reading am.BITCH.ous. LOVE it!);
- Played “ball” in the parlor with Tabitha (resident diva tabby cat);
- Created art on the patio while enjoying the sun on my face;
- Sipped tea and listened to inspirational podcasts while cleaning my house;
- Laughed heartily and mused playfully while preparing dinner with Mark;
- Mapped out the next level of action steps for my latest book writing endeavor;
- Wrote a rough draft of the introduction to the first section of my new book!