Thursday, August 9, 2012

An Artist's Date, August Style

“It’s quite possible to leave your home for a walk in the early morning air and 
return a different person—beguilded, enchanted.” –Mary Chase

Today, I treated myself to an early-morning walk; enjoying the August air upon my face, soft gray skies and near stillness.  And, yes, I did return home feeling somewhat charmed. 

You see…I actually scheduled vacation time away (for today) from the 9 to 5.  That’s right, today is all mine!  Just shy of three weeks, and I am already embarking on, yet another, artist’s date. 

Sometimes, a girl’s just gotta do stuff like this; especially given that it’s been a busy past few months, and I am in the process of crafting an outline for my second book.  If I can dedicate a day, half-day, hour, or even a block of a few minutes (here and there) to replenishing my own spirit, I get it back tenfold.  Those around me do as well; since, when I am feeling relaxed and revitalized, I am wholly able to put my best self forward. 

In addition to this morning’s early a.m. walk in nature, I secured a ticket to a late morning/early afternoon tea/brunch/herb garden tour at a local museum. Going to dress up, wear a hat, carry my vintage straw bag--the whole shebang.  I plan on wrapping the afternoon up by reading in bed; which Tabitha (my lovely diva tabby cat) will likely partake in as well. 

What’s your next artist’s date look like?  Would love to hear about it!  T.