Friday, August 24, 2012

Create a Summer Brag List!

My Summer Brag List (August 2011)

Summer is not quite over.  Yet, when it comes to planning ahead, forward-looking thinking can never occur too early; at least, in my opinion.  That's why I'm already thinking of how I will assess my progress in achieving this season's goals.

Late last August, I engaged in a worthwhile art journaling project.  It turned out to be a thoroughly grounding activity, which is why I plan on repeating it again in 2012.

What I did was to create a Summer Brag List, where I noted all the things I was proud of mastering, achieving, or even becoming--last summer.  Here is a sampling of what I included on last year's list:
  • Conducted a volunteer art journaling workshop for girls attending the Girl Power Tween Camp.
  • Re-established my home yoga practice.
  • Participated in the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women photo shoot.
  • Took my first piloga class!
  • Read, read, read...
  • Treated myself to a spa morning, soak in the hot tub, and afternoon writing, poolside, at the Stonebridge Spa.
  • Joined Zonta's committee to build a Golden Z Club for college students attending Bowling Green State University.
  • Grew feistier, stronger, more grounded & self-loving!
What I'll likely do, this year, is carve out dedicated time between now and Labor Day.  Brew some yummy herbal tea.  Light scented candles.  Perhaps, set up an outdoor work studio on my patio, overlooking my backyard.  Dedicate a couple of sacred hours to myself by participating in this glorious activity.

Regardless of what you were taught, I'd highly recommend you brag about this summer's personal accomplishments.   It's an insightful, empowering and oh-so-decadent endeavor!  Joy & peace, T.

NOTE: For added inspiration related to other journaling (and art journaling) prompts, click here.  To access my video which demonstrates the technique I used to create last year's Summer Brag List, click here.