Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My A.M. Routine: Real vs. Ideal

The beauty of a day is often defined by the morning routine...

Last month, I made a case for how important the first and last five minutes of the day are (Didn’t read this past post?  Click here.).  There’s been much written to support the establishment of morning and evening routines.  Although my real and ideal morning routines haven't quite yet meshed (smile), there is always the promise that they someday will.

Below, are my “real” versus “ideal” morning routines (as they stand, currently):

My real:
  • Wake, “good morning’s” to Mark (hubby) and Tabitha (diva pet tabby cat);
  • Silently affirm while dressing;
  • Breakfast + java;
  • Meditate (sporadically);
  • Blog;
  • Dash off to work.
My ideal:
  • Wake, “good morning’s” to Mark (hubby) and Tabitha (diva pet tabby cat);
  • Silently affirm while dressing;
  • Yoga;
  • Meditation;
  • Breakfast + java;
  • Enjoy a walk outdoors;
  • Blog;
  • Begin my workday.
If you haven't already engaged in this practice, consider writing down your real and ideal morning routines.  It is truly an eye-opening experience. ;) T.