Saturday, September 22, 2012

This Artist has a Date!


Excitement is in the air, today! Yes, I am embarking on an oh-so-anticipated artist’s date.  Headed to a quaint little village about two hours south of where I live to browse vintage and handmade goodies (Tipp City, Ohio!).

There’s an adorable little coffee house there as well.  It is a favorite haunt of mine—a “must do” every time I visit.  Will get a café table outdoors, ensure tea and journal are at hand, and engage in the Autumn Equinox activity I recommended earlier this week

Last October, I headed to that same little town to check out the shops, sip tea and write in my journal (No surprise, it was that month’s treasured artist’s date!).  That evening, I came home and created an art journal tribute to memorialize the day.  That same collage is pictured above.  What I wrote is featured below:

 Today...
This artist savored a sacred, solo date for one.
Strolling the street, as I browsed for vintage treasures,
I savored each potted mum.
While journaling and sipping tea at an outdoor cafe, 
I realized the streets were adorned with corn stacks, tied with orange ribbons!
Yum!

Happy, happy Autumn Equinox!  xox. T.