“My favorite thing is to go where I’ve never been.” --Diane Arbus
The quote above speaks volumes to me; yet, it does so in a unique way. You see, when I think of places I’ve never been to, actual, physical destinations aren’t what I envision. Nope, not me...
Instead, the images in my mind are of the personal triumphs I hope to enjoy, the boundaries I dream of transcending. Some of the most enjoyable "places" I've been to are when I have ventured out beyond my comfort zone, dared to act (rather than just dream), stood tall and played the part, and experienced a whole host of other yummy self-empowering joys.
Listed below are a few of the cherished destinations I have uncovered as a result of my “travels.” I’ve found them to be great places to visit—time and time again. Perhaps, you’ll note one you have not yet enjoyed. If so, I invite you to pack your mind with possibilities, book your clear intentions and set sail for one, fab time!
Those places I heart visiting time after time:
- Using my voice to speak my truth, firmly and assuredly (even when adversity is present!);
- Allowing my appearance to mirror my inner artist;
- Shining brightly without concern of what others might think (I believe in the stained glass window theory. To read more about it, click here.);
- Affirming myself with all of my heart;
- Adhering to the wisdom of the Wise Self;
- Honoring my gifts;
- Embracing the knowledge that there are no failures only lessons;
- Investing in myself as a lifelong learner and business owner;
- Claiming stillness as a value;
- Choosing “no regret” over “not possible.”
Happy trails and happy Friday to you! T.