An Art Journal Collage: Will pen my September dreams onto it
September’s arrival seems a bit early to me this year; most especially when realizing 2012 is two-thirds of the way over, already (Wow!). In some ways, last New Year’s Eve (home on the sofa, nursing a major cold) seems to have occurred only a few weeks ago. Yet, much has transpired since January 1 of this year; which simultaneously allows me to categorize it as an event that happened “long ago and far away.”
Nevertheless, September is here, and I welcome her! The fall is my favorite season. I love every aspect of it: falling leaves in brilliant hues, cashmere sweater mornings, evenings on the patio with the fire dish lit, pumpkins lined up and ready for purchase at the local farmers’ market, mums blooming in my flower garden, hot apple cider in my favorite mug (complete w/a cinnamon stick!)… My love of this season is greater than what I could ever convey in one blog post!
My goals, however… That list is not as long; which makes it perfect for sharing here (smile). September’s dreams include:
- Indulging in a pedi
- Participating in local Toastmasters Club meetings
- Conducting my Art Journaling for Women Workshop (September 15 at Harmony in Life Center, Sylvania, OH)
- Reading + journaling with Lynne Franks’ Bloom Journal
- Enjoying a day of vintage shopping and tea sipping in Tipp City
- Reading Daring to be Yourself by Alexandra Stoddard
- Launching Tickled Pink Woman podcast
- Attending the Black Swamp Arts Festival + getting inspired by it!
- Visiting Angel & Co. Art Studio
- Participating in final preparations for and attending Zonta Club of Bowling Green’s Golden Z Club inauguration dinner/event
- Treating myself to an artist’s date (autumnal equinox self reflection exercise…details to come!)
- Buying + reading Juicy Pens Thirsty Paper: Gifting the World with Your Words and Stories and Creating the Time and Energy to Actually DO It by SARK
- Finish the writing of a sample chapter for my book, Tickled Pink!... (full title to be unveiled in the future!)
What do you have planned this September? Would love to hear about it! T.