Friday, April 19, 2013

The Secret to Optimal Personal Growth...

"A garden requires patient labor and attention.
Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions
or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because 
someone expended effort on them." --Liberty Hyde Bailey

I adore the quote above.  It ties in nicely with something I say often: "As in nature; so, too, is it in life."  

Dedicate loving, mindful effort on yourself.  When I refer to "effort," I'm not necessarily saying scads of time or money need to be expended, either.  Affirm as you dress in the morning, walk to your afternoon meeting--rather than driving, write a few lines in your journal as you relax in the evening... Like a thriving garden, you, also, will begin to experience abundant growth.  

May your Friday be wonderful! Joy and peace, T.

The collage featured above is from my art journal!