Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Just for Us Women!

Lovely sculpture I spied while at Schedel Gardens

I have a confession to make.  I am inexplicably drawn to those things made “just for us women."  For example, before breakfast, this morning, I faithfully swallowed my lavender-hued One a Day for Women multivitamin (okay, yes, the silver girl’s variety).  Shortly thereafter, I opened my planner/calendar (Franklin Planner’s Her Point of View) to get a handle on my day (I adore the whimsical women’s art and inspiring quotes for and by women!).  Today, at lunch, I’m dining on a Luna bar.  Heart those as well, but will openly concede the pretty packaging proudly touting “Nutrition Bars for Women” is what originally reeled this femme in.  Not sure what this evening will hold, but anything deemed to be a “chick flick,” is a time-honored go-to in my book.  Perhaps I’ll also crack open that bottle of Girls’ Night Out Chardonnay to sip on while I luxuriate.

No, I’m not a victim of targeted marketing (smile).  Rather, I am simply a femme who is proud to showcase both her womanhood and girly-girl status—support the “movement” so to speak.  You see, the color pink so very much speaks to me, I love playing dress up now as much as I ever did, and I am the author a blog that celebrates (at least in part) all things feminine.  And, of course, there is my Twitter handle: @Femspeak.  The crux of the matter is that I am who I am.

What about you?  Do you wear your pink on your sleeve?  Would love to hear about it!  T.