Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bloomin' Values to Wrap the Year Up With


Since April of this year, I’ve carved out a bit of time, each month, to read + journal using Lynne Franks’ Bloom: A Woman’s Journal for Inspired Living.  Late last evening, I began working in the final section of that journal.  Looking back, it’s been a process that’s enabled me to reflect, focus and (You likely guessed it!) bloom.

I wanted to share an exercise from Bloom that I completed a few weeks ago (as part of October’s monthly personal goals).  The first segment of the activity was to list 20 values I believe in.  Mine were:
  • Creativity
  • Authenticity
  • Personal Best
  • Growth
  • Education
  • Truth
  • Pride
  • Self-Confidence
  • Motivation
  • Community
  • Achievement
  • Challenge
  • Self-reliance
  • Self-approval
  • Self-nurturing
  • Legacy
  • Balance
  • Follow-through
  • Self-belief
  • Reflection

From that list, I was to pare it down to the five that are most important to me.  What I realized is that they all are, actually...  As a result, what I chose to do was to list the five values that would best enable me to carry out the remaining goals I have slated for 2012 (smile).  Here’s what I came up with:
  • Creativity
  • Growth/Education (I combined these two values.)
  • Personal Best
  • Achievement
  • Self-confidence 

What five values will enable to you push forward, and enable you to actualize your remaining 2012 goals?   Please share!  T.