This used paper bag inspired the art journal collage below!
For me, creative inspiration is found in:
- the happened-upon quote—that speaks to my soul;
- the used paper bag with an interesting word or slogan on it;
- the oversized belt I decided to wear backwards with a dress;
- the recycled ribbon and “fancy” paperclip improvised into a bookmark;
- displaying pieces of nature (rocks, pine cones, etc.) in my home;
- arranging family photographs;
- mixing patterns;
- decorating my home for the holiday season;
- selecting the day’s outfit;
- organizing my craft basket;
- conversations with friends;
- doing something differently;
- ways to overcome a “bad” hair day;
- a trip to the thrift store;
- my journal;
- quiet time;
- pretty much anything!
Reclaiming my creative nature, in the past few years, has been the greatest gift I could ever have given myself. Added insights about this are found in this past post and a recent podcast episode. For further musings on inspiration, check out this past post.
What inspires you to create? Would love to hear your thoughts on this!
Joy and peace. T.