Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Where Does Inspiration Roam?

This used paper bag inspired the art journal collage below!


Where does creative inspiration roam? I believe that inspiration runs rampantly wherever it’s allowed to...

For me, creative inspiration is found in:
  • the happened-upon quote—that speaks to my soul;
  • the used paper bag with an interesting word or slogan on it;
  • the oversized belt I decided to wear backwards with a dress;
  • the recycled ribbon and “fancy” paperclip improvised into a bookmark;
  • displaying pieces of nature (rocks, pine cones, etc.) in my home;
  • arranging family photographs;
  • mixing patterns;
  • decorating my home for the holiday season;
  • selecting the day’s outfit;
  • organizing my craft basket;
  • conversations with friends;
  • doing something differently;
  • ways to overcome a “bad” hair day;
  • a trip to the thrift store;
  • reading;
  • my journal;
  • quiet time;
  • pretty much anything!
Reclaiming my creative nature, in the past few years, has been the greatest gift I could ever have given myself.  Added insights about this are found in this past post and a recent podcast episode. For further musings on inspiration, check out this past post

What inspires you to create?  Would love to hear your thoughts on this! 

Joy and peace.  T.