Sunday, November 18, 2012

Tickled Pink Woman Podcast: Episode #3



Access at iTunes Podcasts: Subscribe to Tickled Pink Woman 


Tickled Pink Woman Podcast Show Notes:
Saturday, November 17, 2012

Hello and welcome to Episode 3 of the Tickled Pink Woman podcast, a celebration of all things Zen, elegant and feminine.  The focus of today’s podcast: Giving yourself permission to quit...

My muse on what I recently gave myself permission to quit doing…

Recent things I came across that pointed me in the right direction:

Reading Leonie Dawson’s blog post dated 10/12/12 entitled “You Have Permission (Right NOW!) and listening to her accompanying MP3 (excerpts read from that awesome blog post!)

Re-discovering Oprah’s June 2001 What I Know for Sure column (from Oprah’s book, The Best of Oprah’s What I Know for Sure) (excerpts read from this column (p. 26)

My reading of Danielle LaPorte’s The Fire Starter Sessions: A Soulful + Practical Guide to Creating Success on Your Own Terms (excerpts read from pp. 171-172)

My observations regarding my recent “quit:”
·      Life is comprised of a series of messages. Listening to them has its benefits.
·      The Wise Self knows best…
·      There’s always a lesson to be learned.

Pinking Shears: Ways to take today’s concepts away and tailor them for your needs! 

Activity #1:  What can you write yourself a permission slip for?  You may wish to make this a journaling or art journaling activity. 

Activity #2: This activity comes from page 173 of Danielle LaPorte’s The Fire Starter Sessions: A Soulful + Practical Guide to Creating Success on Your Own Terms: The Stop-Doing List—What will you stop doing? Effective Immediately?

Activity #3:  Reflect upon a time you gave yourself permission to do or not do something and how that worked for you.

Rosy Resources: For those who want to explore today’s topic a bit further, check out these added sources of information:

Leonie Dawson’s blog post dated 10/12/12 entitled “You Have Permission (Right NOW!) and her accompanying MP3 

Oprah’s June 2001 What I Know for Sure column (from Oprah’s book, The Best of Oprah’s What I Know for Sure


Tickled Pink Woman Promo: If you enjoyed today’s podcast, I hope you will check out my blog it’s a great source for added inspiration and it is where today’s show notes will be housed: tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com.  Connect with me on Twitter (@TickledPinkTina) and Like Tickled Pink Woman on Facebook.  Check out my book, Eternal Presents: Accepting and Using the Precious, Intangible Gifts Others Give Us on Amazon and Etsy!

Thank you for joining me on today’s episode of the Tickled Pink Woman podcast. Hope you’ll join me this week on the blog! Joy & peace!