Guess who’s delivering the “word of the day” presentation at her Toastmaster’s meeting today? Uh huh, it’s me.
This will be our last meeting prior to Thanksgiving. Fittingly, I have selected “gratitude” to be the “word of the day.”
I’ve not kept a gratitude journal in recent years, but I do sometimes dedicate time to silently acknowledge my appreciation for life's sweetness. Generally, I do this en route to and from the 9 to 5. Even though it’s a short five-minute jaunt, I’ve found this little bit of thankfulness, when observed, to be so very uplifting.
This morning, I’m giving gratitude: for Mark, my children, their health and wellbeing. Beyond that, I look to the simple stuff I’m also thankful for:
- yesterday's uneventful visit to the dentist;
- the warmth I feel from the robe I’m wearing as I write this post;
- the sound of the wind rustling dry leaves outside my window;
- the green smoothie I’ll sip for breakfast;
- last evening’s yummy pedi;
- diva Tabitha (resident tabby cat) racing me up the stairs to my den this morning (pre-blogging);
- the prospect of this evening’s soothing yoga class; and
- the many wonders this day will bring...
The word of the day is “gratitude;” no doubt. Joy and hugs. T.