Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankful For...


Last year, I discovered this great app entitled "Thankfulfor."  It's akin to having an online gratitude journal-- on my iPhone.  It allows me to type in what I'm thankful for, and date stamps each entry--wherever I am.

In anticipation of the approaching turkey day holiday (make that tofurkey day for me!), here's a sampling of a few past entries I have made using this app:

November 19, 2011:

Self Magazine, my new "Parisian chic" dress, a lazy Saturday

November 22, 2011:

Thrift store leopard print belt, Good Reads app, a beautiful tabby cat, a "Thursday" on a Monday

November 23, 2011:

Family time on the horizon, hummus, mixed nuts, a holiday playlist, a run outdoors in the sunshine, candles

November 29, 2011:

Courage under fire, deep breathing, a morning meditation practice to die for, lavender tea

December 14, 2011:

An uneventful meeting, getting back in the "saddle," herbal tea, Etsy, the best family possible, choices, being a manager

February 5, 2012:

An insightful read, a mini artist's date, two quality thrift store finds, my journal, a breakfast date, healthy snacks, 30 minutes o' exercise, my heating pad

February 6, 2012:

My voice, the ability to give back, being a Go Red for Women advocate, a sunny day, new boots, a good hair day, my iPhone, my exercise bike, latest read, being gentle with myself, my BFF & love

February 10, 2012: 

The weekend, my wishes for the weekend, friends, planfulness, courage to push past the fear, snow, a lunchtime java, a morning sojourn, my leopard print scarf, great playlists on my iPad

February 11, 2012: 

Reading in bed, author Sue Thoele's books, a journal inspiration, breakfast downtown, creative flair via my wardrobe, my art journal, a tea break

February 14, 2012:

My vintage wrap dress, red roses, goals, books, tonight's dinner date, yoga, snow-covered trees, art

February 19, 2012:

Tomorrow's moi day, my home library, sparkling H2O, free e-books, a massage, yoga class, goals achieved=self-empowerment, this app, great podcasts to listen to, grace

February 20, 2012:

A home retreat, accomplishments, meditation, visions of spring, yoga class tonight

February 22, 2012:

A roll of quarters, lavender tights, a lunchtime date with myself, me time, giving myself meeting night off, blog development, breakthroughs, family, tonight's teleclass, rose petals in last night's bath, vintage everything

I love this app!  Going back and reading past entries is like glimpsing back in time--and doing so in a very thankful manner.

Joy and peace!  T.